Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Social Media

 Social Networking Websites
 I love social networking websites.
 I am on 6 different social Networking websites listed below:
  • facebook
  • orkut
  • google plus
  • twitter
  • instagram
  • hi5
I would prefer facebook and instagram the most because those are the websites are pretty famous and more preferable these days. My all friends prefer to keep in contact with facebook plus it's easily accessible.

A virtual world is a group online community which allows users to interact with one another and use and create objects.

"New media is a general term covering nontraditional ways of delivering information." (Haynes) Using the new media, it became easier to share or deliver information to other users.

"Yahoo plans to deploy its personalization technology and search infrastructure to Tumblr, which should help users find relevant content more easily." (Scheroeder) In the future, I would like to see tumblr as a part of my virtual world because I love reading quotes and I always find the best  quotes on tumblr.



Citation:
Haynes A. A. and Pitts, B. (January 2009), “Making an Impression: New Media in the 2008 Presidential Nomination Campaigns," PS: Political Science and Politics 42:1, pp. 53-58. 

Scheroeder, Stan. "Mashable." Mashable. Yahoo, 30 May 2013|. Web. 07 Oct. 2013. <http://mashable.com/2013/05/20/yahoo-officially-acquires-tumblr-promises-not-to-screw-it-up/>.


3 comments:

  1. I like Facebook and Instagram the most as well. It is nice how everyone uses it which makes it preferable to many people. The more people on a network, the better it is in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I agree with you! The more people the more fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I like using Facebook and Instagram too because all the people I interact with, use it. It's interesting how couple of years ago Myspace used to compete with Facebook, but now Facebook, in my opinion is the best social networking site out there.

    ReplyDelete